Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Journey So Far

This is my very first post on my brand new MacBook Pro. I barely know how to use the bloody thing but I am super excited to be blogging again after over 5 months of being without a computer.

I have been on a juice cleanse since January 01 2013. My end date is March 06 2013. I started this cleanse without the proper education but I was determined to do so after watching the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Watching that documentary inspired me even more as I had received a Breville juicer for Christmas. I began my juice cleanse cold turkey meaning I did not prep for it. The night before I had a full meal including dessert and woke up the next morning with the intention of spending the next  60+ days solely on juice. I underestimated how addicted my body was to food and the next two weeks were a trial by fire. I would stay in bed all day on my days off just so I did not have to face the kitchen and pantry. Being an avid cook, just looking at the stove gave me cold sweats. I wish I had been more diligent about putting down my thoughts and feelings about the experience but I was not mentally capable of doing so at the time. I would not trade this experience for the world and I plan to do another extended cleanse either sometime later this year or early next year.
My primary reason for doing this cleanse was to reset the relationship I had with food. I did not eat to live, I lived to eat. While I still believe in occasionally enjoying one's food, I know that as a society the abundant access we have to food has led us to over eat and not pay attention to what we put in our bodies. Before the cleanse, I read labels and worried about GMOs but I did not worry enough. Henceforth I am going to pay more attention to what goes in my body paying special attention to GMOs and foods devoid of nutritional value. I have also been reading a lot about vegan nutrition and while I am not presently converting my entire lifestyle to the dark side = veganism, my food choices will primarily be vegan based. This has been an exciting journey and I can't wait for the next phase!

I would have loved to include a picture or two in this post but like I explained in the header, this is a Mac and I have very limited experience with Macs. I plan on taking a few courses via Youtube and then I will be overloading your visual senses with pictures. I am after all a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment